A young mum has slammed her local McDonald’s restaurant, claiming they served her a “raw” chicken burger.
Amara Keseru, 18 from Kidwelly, South Wales, visited a McDonald’s in Parc Trostre in Llanelli on Sunday with her partner Josh and some friends.
The group ordered several items and began to tuck into their meals until Josh, who ordered a Chicken Legend meal, realised something was wrong.
Amara says her partner took a bite of his chicken burger but spat it back out instantly – saying that the fast food “didn’t taste right”.
The mum-of-one took pictures of the meal which show the meat that she claims was not served fully cooked and left her fearing for her partners health.
The 18-year-old then returned to the restaurant and complained to a member of the management team. Amara alleges that the staff insisted that there was no issue and that the burger was cooked to the serving standard.
“I have lost all the trust that I had in that restaurant,” Amara told NeedToKnow.online.
“I will not be going back there again.
“I felt very disgusted because it could have been served to a child and made them seriously ill.
“My partner knew there was something off about it as soon as he took a bite of it.
“He even spit it out and told me that it ‘didn’t taste right.’
“The chicken was pink and so was the juice that came off it.
Thankfully he didn’t swallow it.
“It was absolutely appalling. I went to complain only for the manager to tell me that it was cooked.
“Clearly by the image, it is not cooked properly and it is inedible.
“They told me that it was cooked and they had them in frozen, all they do is cook them even though I knew for a fact it wasn’t cooked.”
Amara took to Facebook to express her concern and share pictures of the food.
She said: “Mcdonalds Llanelli absolutely appalling went to complain only for the manager to tell me that it was cooked when clearly by the image it is not cooked, I am disgusted! I could have given a piece of this to my son!!!”
Viewers were equally horrified.
One person said: “I’m never having it again.”
“This is disgusting,” another user agreed.
Someone else commented: “Last time I’m eating from here, stinking.” “Definitely not cooked there’s literally blood in the box,” wrote one user.
“Will never go there ever again.
A few years ago I had food poisoning from there,” said another person.
Someone else joked: “Looks lovely.” “What even is that looks like a nugget in a tiny bun?” said another user.
I don’t understand why people think they are good……” said someone else.
In response to the incident, McDonald’s have released a statement, with a spokesperson telling Jam Press: “We are sorry to hear that this customer was unhappy with their experience.
“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.
“As soon as the team were made aware, they conducted a restaurant-level investigation and concluded that the product had been reheated fully. “
Nonetheless, the customer was offered a refund and a replacement product and these were accepted. “All our chicken products are pre-cooked off site and arrive at our restaurants frozen.
They are then deep fried in our kitchens. “No raw chicken could have been served to this customer at any stage.”