VIDEO: Charging mobile phone explodes in office

A charging phone narrowly avoids disaster as it overheats and explodes in an office, captured on CCTV, with quick action preventing injuries.
A charging phone narrowly avoids disaster as it overheats and explodes in an office, captured on CCTV, with quick action preventing injuries.
Share
Tweet

Office workers had a lucky escape when a charging mobile phone overheated and exploded.

CCTV footage shows how at least three people were working in the room at the time.

One man is charging his phone on his desk as he works on his computer.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Burglar creeps around bed where mum and young child are sleeping

Seconds into the clip, the phone begins to smoulder and a crackling sound is heard.

The man flinches as smoke rises from the device.

He jumps out of his chair and quickly pulls the plug out of the socket.

A split-second later, the phone bursts into flames, a whisker away from him.

The flames die down slightly as his startled colleague opens the door to let the smoke out.

The man carries the smouldering charger outside as the phone still burns away on the desk.

The fire refuses to subside on its own, as reported on Need To Know.

He eventually smothers it using a plastic bag.

The drama unfolded at an architect’s office in Toledo, west of São Paulo, Brazil, on Wednesday (8 May).

Thankfully no one was injured.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Horrific footage shows motorcyclist smash into bicycle before crashing into parked lorry