By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept

Need To Know

News, culture and entertainment you need to know

Font ResizerAa
  • U.K News
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Travel
  • Fitness and health
  • Tech
  • Motors
  • Sports
  • More
Reading: Captured ‘serial killer’ suspected of slaying 18 victims
Share
Font ResizerAa

Need To Know

News, culture and entertainment you need to know

  • U.K News
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Travel
  • Fitness and health
  • Tech
  • Motors
  • Sports
  • More
Search
  • U.K News
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Travel
  • Fitness and health
  • Tech
  • Motors
  • Sports
  • More
Follow US
Need To Know > World > Captured ‘serial killer’ suspected of slaying 18 victims
Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
World

Captured ‘serial killer’ suspected of slaying 18 victims

Lee Bullen
Last updated: November 22, 2024 12:46 pm
Lee Bullen Published November 22, 2024
Share
Albino Santos de Lima. (Picture: Jam Press)
SHARE

A suspected serial killer has admitted to slaying eight victims but the police believe the number could be as high as 18.

Albino Santos de Lima, 42, is suspected of being the biggest serial killer in the history of his home state.

According to the police, Santos had a habit of taking selfies at the tombstones of his victims.

READ MORE: Teen boy, 14, miraculously survives after getting metal rod wedged in skull

The authorities charged him this week following a raid at his home in mid-September.

During the raid, the police seized a .380 calibre pistol that belonged to his father and a mobile phone.

The police discovered that the weapon was used in a number of local homicides.

The police also identified other traits of his modus operandi, such as acting at night and wearing black clothing and a cap to hide his face.

Santos allegedly killed his victims within an 800-metre radius of his home in the city of Maceió in Alagoas State, Brazil.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Albino Santos de Lima. (Picture: Jam Press)

Police spokesperson Tacyane Ribeiro said he had an obsession with young people with the same physical characteristics.

Most victims were young black women with long curly hair.

He learned about his victims on social media and carefully planned out how he wanted to kill them, according to the authorities.

The investigation gained momentum after the murder of Ana Beatriz, 13, in August this year.

The minor was shot dead while she was leaving a sports centre in the area of Vergel to do Lago.

The suspect’s seized phone proved vital to the investigation.

The police found two folders with the names and photos of his victims in them.

The data was even marked with the date of the alleged murder.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
The victims who were killed by the serial killer, Albino Santos de Lima. (Picture: Jam Press)

The police said: “He also took screenshots of articles about the crimes.

“He even took photos at the cemetery.”

Charles Mariano, head of the Maceió Institute of Criminology, said: “So far, this is the most serious case of serial homicide in the city’s recent history.”

The authorities also suspect that it could be the biggest in the state’s history if the death toll keeps rising.

Santos has reportedly confessed to eight murders, but the police believe they have undeniable evidence that 10 victims were killed by the same person, seven women and three men.

They suspect the number could be as high as 18.

Head investigator Gilson Rego said: “We already have very strong evidence there is more.

“In due course, when we have gathered more evidence, we will release the information.”

A ballistics test proved that 10 victims were killed by shots fired from the seized weapon.

According to Rego, the 10 identified victims were:

Mikaele Leite da Silva, 21. Shot dead on 29 October 2023.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Mikaele Leite da Silva, 21 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

Louise Gybson Vieira de Melo, 18. A trans woman who was fatally shot on 11 December 2023.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Louise Melo, 18 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

Beatriz Henrique da Silva, 25. She was shot dead while sleeping next to her three-year-old son who was not harmed on 15 December 2023.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Beatriz Henrique da Silva, 25 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

Débora Vitória Silva dos Santos, 21. Shot dead along with her partner on 18 December 2023.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Débora Vitória Silva dos Santos, 21 years old and John Lenno Santos Ferreira, 20 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

John Lennon Santos Ferreira, 20. Fatally shot alongside Débora on 18 December 2023.

Joseildo Siqueira Silva Filho, 24. Shot dead on 8 January 2024.

Tamara Vanessa da Silva Santos, 21. Fatally shot on 8 June 2024.

Emerson Wagner da Silva, 17. Shot dead on 21 June 2024.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Emerson Wagner da Silva, 17 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

Ana Clara Santos Lima, 13. Fatally shot on 3 August 2024.

Anna Beatriz Santos Tavares, 13. Shot dead on 26 August 2024.

Suspected serial killer Albino Santos de Lima confesses to 8 murders, with police fearing up to 18 victims. Shocking details emerge of meticulous planning and chilling selfies.
Anna Beatriz Santos Tavares, 13 years old. (Picture: Jam Press)

Santos’ gun was registered with the National Ballistic Profiles Database and is believed to have been used in at least eight other homicides in Maceió between 2019 and 2020.

The murders took place in another part of the city where he was living at the time.

Rego said: “He had a pattern of marking the dates of the homicides he committed on his phone calendar.

“After analysis, other homicides committed in the upper part of Maceió in 2019 and 2020 emerged.”

Defense lawyer Geoberto de Luna said he plans to argue that the defendant is too mentally unwell to stand trial, as reported by Need To Know.

He stated: “For now, he is being treated as a common prisoner, but I will try to prove through reports that he does not have the mental capacity, thus making him unaccountable.

“His mind is that of a sick person, a sociopath.

“And this will be the path of my defense.”

The investigation continues.

READ MORE: Sick man throws pet dog named Godzilla off a bridge into the river below

You Might Also Like

Driver miraculously ‘parks’ between two cars after losing control in crash

Electronic music legend Moby takes over iconic London landmark for spectacular riverside show

Footballer 19, among four young people killed in horror crash

Motorcycle influencer, 21, dies after crashing her bike into road sign

Bungling bus driver hits plane wing during boarding, grounding aircraft

TAGGED:BrazilcaughtCrimeinvestigationmurdershockingworld news
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad1
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
TiktokFollow
Most read
Motorcycle club president Simon Boon has vanished after setting off on a solo drive in Wiltshire, with his phone switched off and no contact since 10pm on 19 August.
U.K News

President of UK motorcycle club goes missing after heading out on solo drive

Charlie Watton Charlie Watton August 21, 2026
Girl, 3, trapped in play set OVEN dies from blocked airway after reaching for fallen toys
Locals outraged as beloved Virgin Mary statue is beheaded for third time
Twins born joined at the head tragically die minutes after final separation surgery
Drug mule mum, 24, who helped smuggle £13m worth of cannabis in 22 suitcases convicted

Categories

  • Lifestyle
  • U.K News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Business
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Write for us
  • Authors
  • Contact
Top Categories
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Lifestyle
  • Technology
  • Fitness and health
  • Property
  • Entertainment

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Read Next

A motorcyclist was left distraught after her pet cat escaped from her backpack on a busy highway - coming within inches of being hit by a lorry.
AnimalsNews

Cat cheats death after escaping biker’s backpack on busy highway

August 21, 2026
Tourists who hammered 10,000 coins into a World Heritage landmark left conservationists facing a painstaking 200-hour clean-up - with thousands still stuck.
U.K News

Tourists hammered 10,000 coins into World Heritage rocks – it took 200 hours to remove them

August 21, 2026
Dozens of animals have been rescued from deeply disturbing conditions after rescuers found filthy pens littered with faeces, bones and the remains of other animals.
AnimalsNews

Dozens of animals rescued after 37 dogs found living among faeces and bones

August 21, 2026
Girl, four, was diagnosed with an 11cm kidney tumour the size of a grapefruit after her mood change and arguing at pre-school prompted her mum to search for answers.
Fitness and health

‘My little girl’s moodiness and pre-school arguments were sign of terrifying diagnosis’

August 21, 2026
An evangelist has been banned for life by an airline after she was booted off a plane for preaching to passengers who had no choice but to listen.
US

Evangelist thrown off delayed flight for preaching to passengers – now she’s BANNED

August 20, 2026
Shocking footage shows masked thieves ramming a car into a jewellery shop, failing to get in and driving off - only to return seconds later and force their way inside.
U.K News

Shocking footage shows masked thieves ram-raid jewellery shop

August 20, 2026
Social media star Florencia Sugo, 23, has died of a rare cancer with no known origin - just months after telling followers to "make the most of every minute of life".
World

Singer’s daughter and social media star dies from cancer aged 23

August 20, 2026
Two lawyers who went missing after their ultralight aircraft vanished shortly after take-off have been found dead - embracing inside the burned-out cockpit in remote Italian woodland.
World

Missing lawyers found dead inside cockpit three days after ultralight aircraft disappears

August 20, 2026

Categories

  • Lifestyle
  • U.K News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Business
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Write for us
  • Authors
  • Contact
Top Categories
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Lifestyle
  • Technology
  • Fitness and health
  • Property
  • Entertainment

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

2024 © Need To Know. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?