Police are searching for the severed head of a murdered model after it was allegedly stolen from her grave.
Pamela Genini was reportedly stabbed more than 76 times by her ex-partner Gianluca Soncin on the balcony of her home in Milan, Italy, on 14 October 2025.
The 53-year-old businessman is said to have entered using a duplicate key and killed the 29-year-old model in what investigators believe was a revenge attack following their break-up.
Pamela was buried in Strozza on 24 October.
But on 23 March, it was discovered that her burial niche and coffin had been opened and her head removed before being resealed.
On Tuesday (19 May), searches involving cadaver dogs began around the countryside villa of Francesco Dolci – another former partner of Pamela – in Sant’Omobono Terme.
Searches continued yesterday (20 May) and are expected to last several days due to the difficult terrain in the area.
The 41-year-old businessman was officially placed under investigation on 6 May, as reported by Need To Know.
However, police had already reportedly found a suspicious blonde hair inside one of his properties, located in a hatch.
Investigators say he had been observed visiting the cemetery and carrying out surveillance-like behaviour outside opening hours.
He has always denied desecrating Pamela’s grave, but police suspect he may have taken the head as a possible “trophy”.
It is believed the act involved at least three or four people using tools such as crowbars, drills and angle grinders to cut through the coffin’s internal zinc lining.

Pamela’s mother, Una Smirnova, told local media: “I distrusted him from the very beginning, from when he refused to give Bianca (Pamela’s dog) back to me.
“Francesco is not a decent person. Pamela also distrusted Francesco – she said he was ugly inside and out.”
Pamela appeared on a Love Island-style dating show called L’isola di Adamo ed Eva when she was 19, and later co-founded a bikini brand, EP SheLux.
She split her time between Milan, Monte Carlo and Dubai, but often returned to visit family in Strozza.
She was also reported to have attended high-profile events, including the Venice Film Festival.
Soncin’s trial is due to begin in Milan on 4 June. He faces a possible life sentence.
READ MORE: Diplomat couple’s daughter, 20, killed by van just hours after moving to new city
