Nan dies of heart attack after hearing that granddaughter died from ‘food poisoning’

Grandmother suffers fatal heart attack moments after learning granddaughter’s suspected food poisoning death.
Share
Tweet

A nan had a fatal heart attack just minutes after hearing that her four-year-old granddaughter had died from suspected food poisoning.

Little Gabriela was found unresponsive in her bed at her grandparents’ home on Monday (29 Apr) morning.

An ambulance took the four-and-a-half-year-old girl to a hospital, but medics were unable to save her life.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Bride and shroom! Chaos as wedding guests struck down with food poisoning ’caused by mushrooms’

Her grandparents, of Spanțov, Romania, were also struck down by illness after the whole family ate a fish meal on Sunday (28 Apr).

Grandmother suffers fatal heart attack moments after learning granddaughter's suspected food poisoning death.
Gabriela as a baby. (Picture: Jam Press)

Gabriela was pronounced dead at the hospital in nearby Călăraşi.

Her grandmother was taken to a different hospital in Olteniţa.

Shortly after she was told that her granddaughter was no longer alive, she had a cardiac arrest.

She was given CPR for an hour and a half, but the doctors were not able to save her.

Gabriela’s grandfather was also taken to hospital.

After a day of intensive therapy, his condition improved, as reported on Need to Know.

Gabriela and two of the couple’s other three grandchildren ate fish.

Grandmother suffers fatal heart attack moments after learning granddaughter's suspected food poisoning death.
Gabriela. (Picture: Jam Press)

The two who survived were struck down by vomiting.

The grandfather told the doctors that they had bought the frozen fish from a shop on Saturday (27 Apr).

Samples of the Spanish-imported fish were taken from the family home and from the shop in question for analysis.

The shop owner was fined and ordered to close temporarily because he was not authorised to sell the product.

Furthermore, inspectors found that the space the product was stored in did not meet hygiene standards.

Investigators are also considering the possibility that the family members were poisoned by a different food item or a household substance.

The investigation continues.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Moment workers buried under huge mound of soil during bungled funeral